So, what to write about. Since this is my very first blog, it needs to be about a universal topic that everyone can relate to. I don't want to lose readers on my first blog.
Hmm! There is so much to write about. In fact, I've been jotting down topics I want to address in my blogs. There's so much to choose from.
Of course, one of the most important aspects of a blog is to keep it short and concise so readers will stay interested without making a huge time commitment. So, I need to keep this short.
I could write about John Mayer's new song, "Who Says" in which he wonders what's wrong with getting stoned in your own house, and having brief, lustful encounters with nameless girls. (Maybe he doesn't remember their names because he's stoned all the time.)
Or, I could write about the sacrificial, selfless love Jon and Kate Gosselin exhibit towards their 8 young children. (I'm praying that I become a wonderful parent, just like them. And, I'm praying to be delivered from sarcasm also.)
And, what's up with the "new" Jay Leno show? I watched it the first night it was on prime time television, expecting a variety show or something. Same show, new time was all I got. I still don't get it.
Politics. Now there's a subject everyone's talking about. Conservatives versus liberals. Republicans versus democrats. Kanye West versus anyone with a microphone. I could go on an on.
How about some of these theories of mine?
- How I learned to be secure in my insecurities
- How imperfect leaders lead imperfectly...and we should still follow them
- It is better to have hurt feelings and a healthy soul than to have healthy feelings and a hurt soul
- What if God created marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy? (I'm borrowing this from Gary Thomas)
- How we need to hear "you can do it" more than "way to go, you did it!"
Ok! I've got it! I know what I'm going to write about. I'm going to write about how to be decisive.
Dangit! I'm out of space and time.
Until next time, remember, you have a voice. Let it be heard!